A GROUP OF RESEARCHERS from various areas of knowledge have come together to propose the Azalea Project, which aims to:
- Involve civil society, businessman, government agencies and academy to achieve more sustainable solutions to the water-energy-food nexus and its health implications.
- Contribute to government projects for forest protection and river basin revitalization become more effective.
- Identify, conserve and recover local biodiversity
- Bring the local population with experts to co-create innovative, affordable and effective solutions.
- Base for a Reference Center on Sustainable Agriculture, Environmental Education, Natural Medicine, Bioconstruction and Wellness Center;
- Herbarium for visitation;
- Change the relationship between the surroundings population with the river and the dam making the community coresponsible for them.